It is estimated that in America last year, nearly $2 trillion was spent on health care -- and virtually all that money was spent on treating disease. Despite this massive expenditure on treatment, more Americans are sicker than ever before with diseases that are largely preventable: heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and depression, to name a few.
Each year more money is spent on treatment, mere patchwork, even though it has become crystal-clear that treatments do NOT enable you to live a longer, better life. So why is the amount of money being spent on prevention just a pittance compared with the amount spent on treatment?
The answer is simple -- when you are sick it is highly profitable to various giant corporations. When you are well, it doesn't profit them much at all.
Gary Null's new DVD, Prescription For Disaster, is an in-depth investigation and expose of the conventional health care system -- and that's putting it lightly. It describes in detail the failure of the traditional paradigm and provides us with shocking statistics on the thousands and thousands of deaths that resulted from unnecessary or incorrect medical treatments.
Prescription For Disaster takes you deep into the symbiotic relationships between the pharmaceutical industry, the FDA, lobbyists, lawmakers, medical schools, and researchers, and the impact this has on consumers and their health care. During this thorough investigation from medical insiders, you get a first hand look at:
* Why patented drugs are so readily prescribed by doctors
* The role insurance companies and HMO's play in promoting compliance, and the problem of rising health care costs
* The marketing and public relations efforts on behalf of the pharmaceutical companies -- including sales reps, medical journals and conferences
* Alternatives to traditional pharmacology and drug therapy -- vitamins, nutritional supplements, alternative nutritional therapies, exercise, healthy lifestyle changes -- and why they are often perceived as a competitive threat to the drug manufacturers
* The problem of rising health care costs
As a research scientist at the Institute of Applied Biology for over 27 years, Gary Null, Ph.D., has spent his career investigating health issues and searching for the truth. A New York Times best-selling author, the host of the talk radio program, "The Gary Null Show," producer of documentary films, DVDs and PBS television programs, Null empowers all who will listen with life-changing facts that promote wellness.
For more information visit http://www.mercola.com/dvd/prescription_for_disaster.htm.