"Take the Sting Out of Insect Bites"
by Chet Day
There are almost as many insect bite home remedies as there are seeds in a pomegranate.
Here are a few of the more interesting ones I've read about lately.
- Soak the affected area with vinegar.
- Put a cotton bowl dipped in ammonia on the bite to draw out the stinger and reduce the pain and itch.
- Smash up a clove of garlic and place the poultice on the affected area.
- Spread some honey onto an old cloth. Place some ice cubes on top of the honey. Wrap up the cloth and place on affected area.
- Kill a rattlesnake and then eat some of the meat every day for the next week. (I don't recommend this one since monkeying with rattlesnakes is dangerous, but I included it anyway for any snake handlers out there reading today's health tip.)