Here's a recipe that is great for calories and protein yet also works well with healing and cleansing diets. All fruits and vegetables have a perfect level of protein. Nuts are also great for building because of the high levels of proteins and fats. But you want to soak the nuts to make them digestible. Almonds are the best.
- Soak two cups of almonds in one cup of spring water for four hours.
- Then drain the water and put the almonds in a blender.
- Add a cup of water.
- Strain the liquid through a cheesecloth to remove the pulp.
- Pour the strained liquid back in to the blender.
- Add two pitted medjool dates, or a tablespoon of honey, or a tablespoon of Raw Agave (cactus) Nectar (available from Living Tree Community Foods) to sweeten if sweetness is desired.
- You can also add a little olive or flax oil and a pinch of salt.
- You can also add more flavor with cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla bean. Add four more cups of water.
- Blend and enjoy!