Honey Nut and Date Pie Crust
Living Food Feasts from Shinui Retreat
From Jackie and Gideon Graff
1 cup pecans, soaked 12 hours, drained and dehydrated 12 hours
1 cup walnuts, soaked 12 hours, drained and dehydrated 12 hours
1/4 cup raw honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound organic dates, seeds removed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place ingredients in food processor, until begins to form ball.
2. Remove small amounts of piecrust.
3. Press into pie plate.
4. Continue until pie plate is covered. Wrap in plastic until ready to fill. Prepare ahead, refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
5. May use as is or dehydrate for dryer crust. Put aside some of crust to use as crumbles on top of pie.
Serving Size : 8
- Contributed by Jan Jenson